2024 is almost here—and the Disney Weddings team has curated a list of the most popular trends we expect to see on full display in the new year.
At the heart of these trends is the experience. Couples are immersing themselves in this unique moment in time and crafting weddings that reflect their own personal love story and interests.
What inspires our couples? Their closest friends and family and the desire to create shared experiences that live on for years to come.
“Our desire is to partner with couples to curate their fairy tale wedding. Our team of Disney wedding planners, chefs, entertainers, florists—all coming together to bring a couple’s dream wedding to life. All against the backdrop of magical destinations that totally immerse our couples and their guests in the celebratory, once-in-a-lifetime experience” shares Korri McFann—Marketing Director, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons.
Keep scrolling for the Disney Weddings team take on the 2024 wedding trends.
The Wedding Wardrobe – Think Epic Outfit Changes and Dress Codes for the Entire Guest List
What you wear on your wedding day has always been important, but we’re seeing couples embrace this aspect of their wedding in deeper and extended ways to highlight their own individual styles. With ancillary festivities like welcome dinners and after parties or portrait sessions in Disney Parks, there’s more opportunity to showcase different fashion choices and hairstyles and we expect to see more couples embrace the “wedding wardrobe” in 2024.
- Wedding guest dress codes for the entire week of events
- Multiple outfit changes on wedding day
- Epic bride and groom wardrobes complete with celebratory accessories
Wedding Vacation Experiences – Not Just Multi-Day Events but Shared Vacation Style Experiences
We’re seeing couples intentionally choose wedding destinations based on their desire to experience a vacation with their loved ones. It’s not just the wedding day, but all the moments leading up to it—and how often do you get to gather your favorite people in the world in one place?!
- Choosing vacation destinations for their wedding
- Group activities that include lounging by the pool, Disney Park days, scheduled meetups, and additional events like welcome parties and day after brunches
- Choosing the same destination for your wedding and honeymoon
Highly Curated Experiences – Seeking Hyper-Personalized Moments That Wouldn’t Fit For Anyone Else But Them
Couples are really creative and they wish to tell their love story in ways that feel authentic to themselves. From entertainment that embraces their culture, to a menu item that includes their grandma’s recipe—couples are able to tap into the expansive and diverse resources of the Disney Weddings team to bring unique elements to life they couldn’t do anywhere else.
- Highly curated wedding menus
- Lots of unique entertainment elements
- Including Disney locations that are important to them—ie. wedding portraits in the same location that they got engaged
Over-The-Top Floral Installations – Incorporating Elaborate Décor That Immerse Guests in the Environment
From draping canopies, to larger-than-life floral arches, and hanging chandeliers—couples are embracing more elaborate designs and looking for ways opportunities to make a statement with their floral and décor.
- Stunning ceremony arches and canopies
- Statement elements that make a big impact – i.e.. sweetheart table or dance floors
Surprising & Delighting Wedding Guests – Couples Want to be a Part of “Wowing” Their Guests
Couples are saving elements of the experience to reveal to their guests in epic ways. Whether it’s saving the fact that your ceremony will take place inside a Disney Park after it’s closed and there’s no one else there. Or a special performance by the Dapper Dans to serenade your guests during cocktail hour. Or fun late night snacks that include a churro station and Mickey ice cream bars—there are so many ways to create magic for wedding guests.
- Surprise guests with an attraction mix-in on your favorite Disney attraction
- Surprise guests with special viewing location to watch the fireworks
- Surprise guests with a visit from Mickey Mouse
- And so much more!
Color is In – Couples are Opting for Bold Color Schemes and Embracing Vibrant Hues
We’re seeing couples have a lot of fun embracing color throughout their wedding, from vibrant bouquets to colorful wedding attire. Warm tones are popular—like orange, yellow and red. Hues of purple, green and blue are also really popular among our 2024 couples.
- Find a couple places to incorporate pops of color – i.e. bouquets or table linen
- Find color inspiration from your wedding venue
- If you’re hosting multiple events, opt for different colors and décor aesthetics to differentiate the moment
Venues That Speak for Themselves – Totally Unique, Immersive Settings That Take Your Breath Away
At Disney Weddings, there is no shortage of venues! In fact, we offer over 100 unique venue options for couples to select from. And with extended celebrations—like welcome dinners, after parties and day after brunches—couples are having fun creating unique experiences centered around the venue.
- Choosing a venue with special meaning – your favorite Disney Park or a Disney Resort that reminds you of some of your favorite interests as a couple
- Choosing a venue that immerses your guests – for example, hosting a Chinese Tea Ceremony in the replica of the Temple of Heaven at EPCOT
- Creating a once-in-a-lifetime experiences – imagine walking into a Disney Park after it’s closed for a wedding ceremony—magical!
Getting Ready Is Its Own Moment – You Only Get Married Once So Soak In Every Second
The getting ready experience has evolved to become truly festive and communal moment on wedding day. From beautiful resorts suites, to catered breakfasts and décor—this moment is becoming it’s on festive experience.
- Some couples are choosing to get ready together
- Catering breakfast and celebratory drinks
- Complete outfits with fun accessories for the getting ready moment
- Decorating the suite with balloons to create a festive environment
A Culinary Experience – Presentation is Key
Couples want to entertain with their wedding menu—not only should it be delicious, but it should also be presented in cool and unique ways. Whether that’s an action station where the Disney Chef cooks your meal right in front of you or a dessert with an ornate design, or plated dinner experience where you and your guests are individually served with black-tie service. With our Disney culinary team, the possibilities are endless.
- Incorporate active and moving food stations that allow your guests to interact with the culinary team
- Opt for a plated dining experience that leaves your guests feeling like royalty
- Create a custom menu that helps tell your love story in a unique and delicious way
FUN – Yep, Couples Want To Have Fun At Their Wedding & Lots Of It
We love this trend because, here at Disney, we love having fun! And, we know in order to have fun on your wedding day you need the peace of mind to simply enjoy your day. That’s why we have a team of dedicated wedding experts there throughout planning and on the day-of so that couples can truly be a guest at their own wedding. And, with so many fun things to include on the wedding day—it will be hard to decide which elements to include.
- Ride your favorite Disney attraction
- Serve Mickey Ice Cream Bars or a variety of your favorite Disney snacks
- Watch the fireworks
- Invite your Disney character to stop by your reception
- Surprise guests with a fun Disney performance