Spring is in the air and I couldn't be happier to share what our friends over at Babble
refer to as sunshine in jar!
With Easter on the horizon and April showers on their way, I thought it'd be fun to pass on a delicious and tasty treat that I can't wait to make with my boys - who doesn't love an easy and fun cake recipe? The bright colors found in this delectable dessert are enough to brighten up any rainy day.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- Neon food coloring in assorted colors (pink, yellow, green, turquoise, & purple are fun to start with)
- 3 one-pint canning jars
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly wash and dry the inside of each canning jar. Spray the inside of each jar thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Scoop roughly half a cup of cake batter into five small bowls. Tint each bowl of cake batter with food coloring until very vibrant.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of first desired colored batter into bottom of each jar. Spoon equal amounts of remaining colored batter making a "rainbow effect." Place the jars in a shallow baking dish; add about 1/4 " of water to the baking dish.
- Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove jars and allow to cool completely before scooping a small portion from the top of your cake and adding a hefty dollop of vanilla frosting. Sprinkle & serve!
The best part about these handheld delights is that they can be easily stored and sent to surprise your loved ones! Be sure to head over to Pinterest
for more spring-inspired savory treats.
Cake for everybunny