According to an old Victorian tradition, the tree of a newlywed couple should include 12 ornaments to help ensure a life full of happiness.
Often referred to as a "bride's tree" these 12 ornaments each stand for something that helps bless the couple's new life together:
- Angel - Guidance in the Home
- Rose - Beauty & Affection
- Rabbit - Hope & Faith
- Teapot - Hospitality
- Pine Cone - Motherhood & Fruitfulness
- Santa - Unselfishness & Goodwill
- House - Shelter & Protection
- Fruit Basket - Generosity
- Bird - Happiness & Joy
- Flower Basket - Good Wishes
- Heart - True Love
- Fish - Newlywed Blessing
Will you be decking your bridal halls with any of these traditional ornaments this year?