Thanksgiving is all about sharing- so this week I'm sharing a delicious pumpkin cookie recipe I found from our friends over at Spoonful
. These ooey gooey cookies are filled with fluffy cream cheese and are sure to be an instant hit at both the adult and kids' tables.
If you're feeling extra crafty, add some ears to your cookies for a fun Mickey-inspired kick!
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the eggs, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture a half cup at a time, blending each time until smooth.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet, using a moist finger or the back of a spoon to slightly flatten each mound. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, letting them cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, make the frosting by beating together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in the confectioners' sugar a half cup at a time, until the frosting is spreadable.
- To assemble the pies, turn half of the cookies bottom side up and spread a generous amount of cream cheese frosting on each one. Top them with the remaining cookies.
Each batch should make about 10 to 14 pies- the perfect amount for sharing with loved ones!