Just in time for Turkey Day, these DIY Pumpkin Coach Place Cards are the perfect activity to do as a family- and they'll help your guests maneuver around the Thanksgiving table!
You can download the template here
, courtesy of our friends over at Disney Family
- Craft or scrapbook paper (orange and yellow)
- Colored markers or pencils (brown and orange)
- Craft knife
- Glue stick
- Flattened bottle caps or 1.5-inch silver/gray cardstock or poster board circles (4 for each place card)
- Buttons (4 for each coach)
- Small faux gems (optional)
1. Print out the the template and cut out the pieces.
2. For each place card, fold a 5- by 10-inch piece of orange paper in half and place the pumpkin piece on top so that the upper edge of the stem is along the fold, as shown. Trace around the template piece and then cut out the tracing (do not cut along the fold).
3. Lay the tracing flat, as shown, and color the stem brown. Then set the inner pumpkin circle atop each half of the coach and trace around it to add pumpkin "grooves."
4. Set the door template piece atop the coach front and trace around it, as shown.
5. Using the craft knife (adults only), cut along the curved portion of the tracing but leave the straight edge uncut. Then open the door and fold the paper along the straight uncut edge.
6. Apply glue to the backside of the stems and pumpkin tops (above the door) and then fold the place card closed, pressing the glued portions together.
7. Cut out a yellow paper window shape and glue it onto the door. Add a faux gem door handle (or you can simple draw one on).
8. For coach wheels, use glue dots to attach four flattened bottle caps or silver/gray paper circles. Add a button "hub" to the center of each wheel.
9. Now open the coach doors and write the names of your Thanksgiving guests inside.
Happy crafting, Jewels!